Sunday, June 8, 2008

Vintage Hawaiian Wear




So as I was perusing through a great second hand store here in Regina, I came across these great items. They are great for a few different reasons.

1. They were actually made in Hawaii.
2. The fabric is unique. Not your typical Hawaiian fabric.
3. This fabric would make a great blanket/quilt.

When I got them home, washed them up and took a real good look at them I am not sure I can actually cut them up into little squares to make a quilt or a blanket. I mean how cute is that little kimono robe? And I bet that if I put a little brown t-shirt underneath the dress, I could actually wear that to a Hawaiian themed party right? Perhaps I will think a little longer about the whole quilt blanket thing. Besides, I can keep looking for more of that vintage Hawaiian fabric and maybe next time the clothing won't be so darn cute!

3 comments:

Marilee said...

Your "perusing" really paid pff Lou Lou! ;)

Cute fabric. Yah, I would hold on to it until you have enough vintage fabris to make a great looking quilt.

LOVE the post!

MLH said...

The heart still stirs for Hawaii huh? - I know that Island feeling... at least you are moving closer. Very ecclectic finds LL.

stephmodo said...

Fun!

Make sure you post what you end up doing with the fabric. I want to see!

I love that you have this Hawaiian past...so exotic :)