Monday, June 30, 2008

Tree

This is the best tree in the whole world and it's in our very own backyard! And the boy in it is pretty great too!! When we moved into this house almost 12 years ago this tree was very small. As the years go on, it just gets nicer and nicer. It covers a big portion of our yard now and really needs to be trimmed but we were a little too busy this spring so we missed the opportunity. If the branches were stronger near the ends of the tree, Caleb could escape out his bedroom
window. It's a very cool tree indeed!! See those canoes in the background? They are made of cedar strips and Chris made those babies!

4 comments:

Marilee said...

That is a pretty cool tree indeed! Hope your next house has a greta backyard tree too.

Dallin & Kelly said...

Man, I think that is one thing I am going to miss the most. The tree and the grass. I mean, we've only had that backyead free of poo for a few years, and I have been to busy to enjoy it that much. And now I will never get to. That's sad. It hasnt really sunk in that Lethbridge is going to be my home. Regina is all Ive ever really known. It kinda feels like we are just buying a summer house there, and then we'll be back in Regina for fall. Weird. I will always be a Saskatchewanian.

Marilou said...

Yah, me too Kelly. A Saskatchewanian. That's a cool word.
We haven't sold our house yet, so I am sure you will be able to enjoy that tree and grass. Shall I take a picture of YOU in that tree when you get home? Yah, let's.

MLH said...

Could you chop it down and make a canoe out of it or something? (lol) After all President Hinckley made a pulpit for the Conference Ctr with his tree??? It is hard to move... but new memories will be created, trust me - this I know.