Monday, June 23, 2008

Baked Oatmeal...yum!


Our ward had a potluck last week and this was one of the dishes that a lady brought. I decided to try it myself and it's a hit! This is great because it is something you can make the night before then bake it in the morning. How great is that? Try it and I am sure you will like it too!

scant 1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup maple syrup or 3/4 cup sugar ( I used the syrup)
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon b. soda
1 1/2 teaspoon b. powder
3 cups oats
2 tablespoons b. sugar
1/2 cinnamon
Combine oil and syrup. Add in eggs, buttermilk, salt, b. soda, b. powder and oats.
Mix together. Pour into a lightly greased 8x8 square pan or pie plate. Sprinkle top with b. sugar and cinnamon. Put into fridge overnight. In the morning bake it for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
Good served plain, with butter on top or in a bowl with some milk.

3 comments:

MLH said...

I am confused... is it a porridge, slice or dessert???

Marilee said...

That does sound interesting for sure. But I am with MA on this one.....what exactly is it?

Dallin & Kelly said...

GROSS!
OATMEAL is never good, no matter what. Baked, boiled, cooked, dry...its all the same.
GROSS!!!!!!
Sorry mom, this is not a good recipe to me, for the reason that it has oatmeal in it. haha

Here is that comment you asked for. Dont you love it? I tried my best to be positive. Haha