Saturday, September 10, 2011

Summer Snaps!

I thought I would do a post on random things about this summer. These pictures are not in any particular order because how could I possibly choose just one favorite snap of the summer of 2011?



This bunny appeared in our yard every so often throughout the summer. Guess he liked the clover in our grass!


I guess if someone was to ask me which of these pictures was my favorite I would have to go with this one. I love this Maui Babe sun lotion. I get so brown! Love it.


This is the river that Kelly and I floated down a few times. Really, really fun and relaxing. We float under Whoop-Up (in another picture below) and also the train bridge which just had it's 100th birthday and is still used today.


Every year the town of Cardston hosts the Mini Chuck Wagon Races. They are alot of fun to watch and can get pretty exciting!


These are the huckleberries that I picked at the huckleberry festival last month. I made a crisp with them and it was delicious!


This is Whoop-Up. This road divides Lethbridge from the west side which is where we live so we drive this road alot. At the bottom is a bridge and that is where Kelly I float under. The river is down in the coulies.


These are some of the strawberries I picked and made jam out of for the winter months.


Okay. If someone was to ask me what my second favorite thing about summer was I would have to say the sunroof in my car!


This is the map of Alberta. The 4 pennies are placed on certain cities. From the bottom: Lethbridge. Calgary. Edmonton. Fort McMurray. Caleb drove waayyyyy up north to Fort mcMurray this summer to install alarm systems for Vivint. He also worked in Winnepeg, Regina and Red Deer. I asked him yesterday if he minded all the driving and he said, "no, I am used to it from all the road trips we took growing up". :)


I took this picture from the car on our way to Calgary. Don't you just love a good summer storm? I have got to say though that the summer storms in Saskatchewan beat the summer storms here by a long shot.


This picture is hard to know what you are looking at. You will have to click on it so you can see it better. But set back into the coulies is the University of Lethbidge which is where Chris started working at the beginning of June.


New favorite CD of the summer. It seems to be "very California" to me.


I am very excited about these blueberry bushes that we planted in our yard. I have blueberries almost every morning on my cereal. Can't wait to have fresh ones next summer!


We have a VERY wet corner in our backyard that kills everything we plant. So Chris thought it would be really neat to plant some cat tails there. Early one morning we drove to a spot not too far from our home and dug some up out of the ditch. They are thriving!


This is a picture of the "beach" we go to so I can use my Maui Babe. It's called Park Lake and is only about 10 minutes from our house.


This picture has nothing to do with summer. Not really. It is something I am going to have fun with since Fall is right around the corner. Beatles Rock Band! Boo ya!

7 comments:

Marilee said...

And Boo Ya to you too! It was and still is a fun summer. Summer is not over. Summer is not over.

Fun snaps of summer for sure Lou Lou. Maybe next year I will float with you and Kelly down the river. Looks fun!

Dixie Dee said...

Fun snap shots of summer Lou Lou!
Sounds like fun floating down the Old Man on a hot day! Cute Bunny!

Dixie Dee said...

Sorry, forgot, Really like the storm picture, that is cool!!

Barb said...

Nope I like the bunny, and were can I get some of the suntan lotion???

Jo-Ann said...

I really liked your Summer Snaps.
Now I know what some of the things and places look like that you told me about. The storm picture is a beauty. Oh I do miss a big prairie thunderstorm.

Marilee said...

Um, did you know that bunny rabbits in Cardston are now considered wild and domestic. Wild bunny rabbits? Oh brother!

MLH said...

What a great summer of memories...