Sunday, August 28, 2011

Twenty-Four Hours Of Fun!

Because Lee Lee and I haven't done much together this summer, we decided that this was the weekend for us! So I drove out to her place late Friday afternoon to spend the night and this is what we did.




First of all Mark, Lee Lee and I went to the creek at "just before dusk". I gotta say that it was a little nerve racking because just the evening before Lee Lee had spotted some bear tracks. But I had my trusty bear bell and a stick so I felt fine. Sort of.



Here I am with my stick and Mark's oversized water shoes over my slippers (thongs, flip flops or whatever you call them in your neck of the woods).



When Lee Lee and Mark go to the creek, he goes fishing and she takes pictures.



Yah, I know. A face shot. But they are so fun to take right?



The next morning we drove out to the ski hill to pick huckleberries! They have a festival there every year with crafts, Bbq, silent auction, live music and of course berry picking! You pay $10.00 for a ride up to the top of the mountain on the chair lift and then away you go with your buckets.



Yep. Another face shot on our way up to the mountain. You just gotta do it.



If you click on this picture you can see Lee Lee picking away. She is in the yellow t-shirt. Look at that scenery!



Here I am picking my huckleberries and loving every minute of it. The weather was perfectly sunny and hot with a breeze.



Lee Lee picking her huckleberries. She didn't end up with quite as much as I did however. She sort of lost her balance coming down off the side of the mountain. Oops! But we picked up as many as we could out of the dirt and rocks. Those little berries are worth it!



I took this picture as we were waiting in line to take the chair lift back down the mountain. It's where we had just finished picking. Quite steep. Especially when you are bending down looking for huckleberries. We both got about 3 cups give (me) or take (Lee Lee). Hopefully next year will be a better year for huckleberries because we are definetly going back!

5 comments:

Marilee said...

That was a fun 24 hours. Ok, so I measured my berries after cleaning all the dirt and dust out and I have 2 1/2 cups! You?

Marilou said...

I got just over 3 cups!

Dixie Dee said...

Looks like a fun,fun thing to do! Good for you two! I bet there is huckleberry crip and ice cream in the future, if not already created and consumed!

Jo-Ann said...

Wow! Fantastic scenery! It certainly looks like 24 hours of fun. What did you make with the berries? Yum!

MLH said...

what do huckleberries taste like?