Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Family Ski Trip

For the last 5 years we have joined some friends from Regina to go skiing at Bridger Bowl in Bozeman, Montana. It's only about a 5 1/2 hour drive from our home now which is quite a bit closer than our previous 9 hour drive when we lived in Regina. I am not a great skier but I do enjoy it and finally felt more confident this year although at times I know I didn't look it.
Here are some pictures for you to enjoy. Chris had the camera in his pocket most of the time so there aren't any pictures of him. Also Seth's ankle was giving him problems so he wasn't able to snowboard after the first day so there are no pictures of him either.

This is what you see once you pass the front desk at the C'mon Inn. I really should have stood back when I took this picture so you could get the feel of this hotel. It has a very open feel to it and is a great place to stay. At the front desk they have a basket full of Andes Mints for the guests to enjoy! How great is that?


They didn't have these fish there last year. This hotel has only been open for 2 years.


This is one of 4 Hot Tubs that are on the main level just behind the stairs and waterfall in the first picture. There was always a Hot Tub available after a day of skiing and did that ever feel nice!


This is part of the Dining area that serves the best Continental Breakfasts ever. Don't you just love the Antelope's there on the wall? Kind of creepy I guess but I sure like it!


This was taken by Chris at the top of a hill that I don't ski down. It's just too scary for me right now.


It was a bit cold this year but fun to ski thru the snowflakes.


Here is Caleb. He's a Snowboarder and is really good at it. Chris took some pictures of Caleb on the run where you do all the tricks but he wasn't quite prepared with the camera. Maybe next year we can get Caleb doing some "sweet moves"!


I look for this old house on the left side of the road everytime we drive up to the ski hill. Not quite sure why though. I just really like it. Maybe it's the "what went on in that house back in the day ?" curiosity in me.


I don't know what the name of these animals are but I call them Yikkity Yaks. It's kind of a cute name for such wooly creatures. This is the first year we have seen them. I will be looking out for them again next year. These are also on the left side of the road going up to the hill.


Last but not least here I am visiting with my Aunt Pat, my father's only sibling on our last day of skiing. She lives in Bozeman and we stop in to visit her every year. It always feels like home to me the moment I walk thru the front door.


6 comments:

no said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
no said...

I have been daydreaming about going back there with you guys!!! This sounds like heaven to me right now!

Looks like you had a great time again!

Dixie Dee said...

Looks like fun! Enjoying the pictures and details on the ski trip. Way too bad it got cold!! Hope you get to skiing more than once a year, we just may be skiing in July, who knows! Fun Post! :)

Marilee said...

Yep, last year was a better weather year yah?

Aunt Pat. Nice to see a picture with you and her in it.

Thanks for blogging again Lou Lou, it's fun!

MLH said...

What a wonderful family memory Lou Lou... When I look back on such times, I am so glad I blogged it as it helps the memories endure in the years of memory decline... One thing I have truly come to appreciate is times spent with the kids creating these wonderful treasured moments in time, so glad you had time with your boys! Great pics.

Dixie Dee said...

Listening to 70's tunes while updating your blog? It looks great!! Can't wait to read more!