Friday, September 7, 2012

My new found love this summer! The Creek!

I have simply fallen in love with going to the creek this summer! There are so many creeks around Leavitt with fun and simple things to do. Getting to some of the creeks takes an AWD or a 4WD to maneuver thru the hills while others you can get to with your standard car or a long walk once your there. Either way you get to the creek it's a fun adventure in it's self!


This is Okie Hole. Up at the end of the creek or way up high to the right on the rocks is where Michelle loves to fish!


This is up on the bank of Okie Hole. One of the fun things the Cahoon's have done at the creeks for years and years are wiener roasts along with all the fixin's. Smore's, chips and whatever else you can grab and go! Here are some of us after the Cardson Parade. The day was a little cool but that never ever hinders anyone from having any fun!

Here is Lee Lee and Rio on the way to the creek. She loves Lee Lee. We let Rio out of the truck as soon as we are well on the way and she runs and runs and runs along side the truck.


This creek is upstream from Cahoon Crossing on someones land but as long as we shut the gate behind us so his cattle don't get out it's all good!


Floating in one of the deeper spots up from Cahoon Crossing.


When Kelly came up for a little visit we went to Value Village on the Grand Reopening day and we (she) found these beauties! Keen water shoes for me and those crazy toe shoes for her. Boy, did we ever get a deal on those!


One of the things I love about going to the creek is walking in the creek. In my new Keen's! Love. Love. Love it!


This is another creek called The Falls. To get to this sweet spot you have to drive to Cahoon Crossing and then walk downstream and thru someone's private property (we got permission).


This shot of the creek is what you see right behind me in the previous picture.


Here is the same spot but taken at a different angle.


Yep! That's me in a bears den! It's downstream from The Falls and up on the other side of an embankment. My legs are totally outstretched behind me and I couldn't even reach the back end of the hole!

When that bear returns for his winter hibernation he is going to know that someone was there! Surprise! Now who has the last laugh!


3 comments:

Marilee said...

Ahh, so fun Lou Lou. I love the creek too, but I think you LOVE the creek. Hey today is perfect creek weather, I dare you to come.

Dixie Dee said...

Love love the creek too!! We are so lucky in Leavitt to have such neat places to go!! Wouldn't it be nice to have creek weather for 6 months of the year rather than 2 ???? Great bear den shots, did you leave something for that Bear???
Great photos! Summer is great!!!

Christie said...

Yay! I was so happy to see another post from you. Let's see...there's so many things I like about this post. First I love the blue skies and water. Next, I love the pics of Rio, and how he's (or is it she's) swimming out to you. She loves the creek, too. Love the photo of the whole gang together at the campfire...campfires are such fun! Oh, and the shoes...too cute!
And best of all....the bear den!! So cool! I wonder if the bear will use the same den this winter. Isn't it great to be out in nature? You guys have the most amazing places to go and do things! What a great place to live. Ya'll must really love your summers. You deserve them after your long, cold winters. But what's neat about you guys is that you find fun things to do even in the winter! Ya'll are great! Fun, fun post!