Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My Third Annual Gopher Hunt!

It's that time of year again! A day I look forward to every year! This year was a little different though because Lee Lee wasn't able to join me and Dixie. She was in Utah preparing for Michelle's wedding. Nevertheless it was still a great day! The weather was warm, windless and the skies blue with not a cloud in the sky!



This is the sign that let's us know when the Gopher hunt is each year.


Dixie and the best land around for shooting gophers!


Shooting the gopher.


Running after the gopher before it slithers back down in it's hole to die. They do that a lot!


Cutting the tail. You can't see the blood and guts here and that's a good thing because it can be very gruesome with my new Yellow Jacket bullets!


Just looking around for more gophers to shoot. It can be a little discouraging at times because I just want to win the contest so bad!


Ah, I see one! Thump! It's the best sound ever when you're gopher hunting!


This is very official. The guy in charge is counting our tails. Forty-Six. We shot and killed more but like I said, they go back down their holes to die! I don't know how we placed in the contest because we didn't see all the teams numbers but I can tell you that the winner got 123. I am pretty sure if Lee Lee had been there with us, we would have done much better. But.....there's always next year and I can't wait!

Shout out to Dixie for once again supplying the gophers!

5 comments:

Dixie Dee said...

Perfect day! Mr Sun hanging around, Mr Wind noticibly absent and gophers galore! Can't wait for the next one. (Let's hunt a few before next year though!)

Jo-Ann said...

I love seeing you in action!

Marilee said...

OOhh the weather looks perfect! Next year we will knock em' dead and how did the yellow jackets work though, better?

You know, a pile of gopher tails is really kinda gross, yah?

MLH said...

Great form in Pink Lou Lou! looks like such a lot of fun!!!

Barb said...

You guys are so great!!