Friday, June 22, 2012

My/Our Birthday!

Okay, so this year Lee Lee and I decided to have a sleepover. She slept in Kelly's room but Chris would have totally let her sleep in our bed so it would be a proper sleepover but just having her down the hall was good enough for me! Just knowing she was going to be there the next morning was pretty exciting. I have had many sleepovers at her house but this is the first time she has slept as my house!


We didn't do anything huge or great or big or exciting but it was fun. We 2 gals don't need much to make us happy. Just being together is all we need!


I let Lee Lee choose were we were going to eat our birthday dinner and she chose....Taco Bell! No problem with me at all. I know. It isn't very birthday like but like I said it doesn't matter. Remember, we just like being together! (lovely picture isn't it?)

This year Lee Lee made the cake and then brought it with her to my house. She made my famous chocolate scratch cake with her homemade german chocolate frosting. It was delish! I guess next year it will be my turn to make our cake.

I found a MacDonald's Barbie in my cupboard so I just stuck her on top and then added a few candles. (no boyfriends!)

Yes, the candles singed Barbie's hair.

We had a nice birthday but as you can tell we didn't take many pictures. I wasn't feeling well but we managed to go to a movie (late one) and then the next day we shopped and shopped. Wonder what year 53 will bring for us???
Whatever it is it will be great. Because Oh yah, it doesn't matter what or where, it just matters that we are together doing "whatever"!

5 comments:

Marilee said...

Ah yes, 52 years old. It just doesn't look right or sound right so let's pretend we are 46. Yah, 46. That sounds good.

The picture with food in my mouth is my very favorite :)

Together Forever-Right on!

Christie said...

I love seeing ya'll together. You're so much fun. Ya'll were two of my best roomates, EVER! Glad you two live near each other, and can spend so much time together. Please message me the recipe of your famous chocolate cake and frosting, if you don't mind. I'm always looking for new recipes. Blogging and FB is fun, huh!

Dixie Dee said...

Fun birthday girls!! Neither one of you look a day over 36 that is for sure!
Happy Birthday!!

MLH said...

Hmmmmm...

It's pretty hard to top a birthday when someone is as excited as you are for all the fun!

So glad you have each other.

Jo-Ann said...

Loved your birthday blog! So nice to see the photos of you two
celebrating together. Wishing you both a happy and fun year
ahead.