Saturday, July 23, 2011

24 on the 24th

Tomorrow is Sean's birthday! I learned last year that when the age you are turning is the same number as the day you were born it's called your Golden Birthday. So this year is Sean's Golden Birthday.

Sean was an easy and fun baby. He came right on his due date, he slept thru the night at 2 months, he found his hand for the first time on the way home from church (he held it up in front of his face and was just staring at it like he had discovered something...I can still see that moment in my mind), and the first color he learned was the color blue in a friends backyard and I remember being so proud.
Sean has always had a happy dispostion and still does. He tends to be a positive person and up for just about anything. He is talented, patient, clever, witty and thoughtful.

Here's a snap shot of Sean through the last 24 years. Some of the pictures are pretty small but it's the best I could do.



Pictou, Nova Scotia


Westville, Nova Scotia
Sean was very intrigued with the lobsters that we were just about to cook and eat! He wanted us to take the rubber bands off of their claws. He had on my favorite Ernie slippers.



Fishing in Montana.


First hunt in Saskatchewan.


At a friends farm and that chicken is just about to take it's last breath!


Grade 10 picture. I love this picture of him!


One of Sean's favorite past times. Paintballing.


Victoria, British Columbia


Sean built this fort/tree house with scrap wood in Tofino, B.C..


Here is Sean and his girlfriend overlooking a beach in Tofino. Isn't this a great shot?


I love you Sean!
Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Marilee said...

Happy Birthday Sean! Have a great day in sunny BC. Love, Aunty Lee Lee.

Dixie Dee said...

Happy Birthday Sean! Fun pictures!

Dad said...

Great pictures. I remember him as a boy from visits to Lincoln and those days. Happy Birthday a day or two late.

Clark said...

That tree house Sean built is awesome. I'm impressed. Happy Birthday!

MLH said...

I loved this pictorial journey of Sean... and I loved that I took that last picture of you two together :=)

I love Sean's passion for life! It shows in his face...