Friday, April 1, 2011

My Fun day!

I went out to my sister's house for an adventure and had a great day! I always have a great time there but this little trip was especially fun. Springtime brings different things to do so thanks to our friend Dixie, I was able to do something I have never ever done before. Aren't days great when you get to do something that you have never ever done before? As you read thru this post I will let you know the new and exciting thing I was able to do for the first time! Ready to hear about my fun day? Here we go!


                      
This is me taking a "PW" shot. One way that you can goher hunt in the great outdoors is to first turn to a  great counrty music station, you then roll the window down, wait for a gopher then you shoot! You want to be careful shooting gophers this way though because if you are caught shooting this way the fine is hundreds of dollars!

                        
     Lee-Lee, Dixie and I taking a lunch break. Nothing like eating your lunch in the great outdoors!



                                            Here I am pouring feed out of a bucket for the Bulls.




                                                                    Here they come!



                               Swinging on rope in a barn? That's right. Pretty cool eh? (see the cats?)



Here I am feeling very proud. I have JUST tagged this new little calfs ear. This is the thing I have never ever done before. It's just like piercing a human ear but with a larger gun of course. Instead of wrting the usual number on the tag Dixie said I could write anything I wanted so I drew a flower!



 
 This little calf was checking the gun out before I punched the tag in her little ear. Apparently they don't feel it. 
 
                                              Drawing the flower on the tag. I felt very official.



       This momma cow was sure checking out her little calf. Some of these momma cows can get very upset!



 I was talking to this momma cow very firmly. I was telling her to just stay back and let us do our job.   Some momma's listen and some don't!


                    Here is Lee lee trying with all her might to keep these momma`s away so Dixie could do her thing. They listened to her.



Look at Dixie roping that little calf. Sometimes you can just walk up to them and do what you need to do and other times you need to rope em`.




                                                         What a great day I had!!
(excuse my pictures and words being off center. This posting is still a little tricky for me)

5 comments:

Marilee said...

Man Lou Lou, I sure hope the county people don't see your blog and come after me. They will think you're me, I'm you, and give me the ticket for shooting gophers from inside a vehicle. Remember we're twins?

It was a fun 24 hours for sure!

Dixie Dee said...

Great post Lou Lou! You're getting the hang of the blogging thing! Lots of neat pictures!

It's fun to do outdoor things huh? I'm glad that I can help you do such different things! Someday soon we'll be doing such activities and not be so bundled up. I'm thinking short sleeves and jeans!!

Thanks to the twins for the good times! :)

Dad said...

What good times. thanks for sharing them.

MLH said...

I feel so left out... phew!

Jo-Ann said...

What a great day you had! Thanks for a good dose of life on the prairies, it brings back memories.